Drum circles are one of the “country’s fastest-growing holistic health trends” (My Generation/AARP)! Drum circles are not only a great way to have fun, reduce stress and meet people, but scientific research confirms that recreational drumming contributes measurably to overall health, wellness and workplace efficiency.
In this unique DVD, noted author, music therapist, and drum circle facilitator Christine Stevens takes you inside the drum circle phenomenon. Whether you just want to get together with a few friends in your living room or learn how to guide dozens of people at a corporate retreat, conference or recreation center, The Art of Heart of Drum Circles will show you:
- Basic techniques for hand drums and percussion
- The eight most important cues for guiding drum circles
- Facilitation formats: how to build a satisfying group experience
- The heart: how drum circles touch lives
- The philosophy and research supporting recreational music making for health and wellness
- And much more!