The Metaphor of Music
The Meaning of Diversity
"Finally, a diversity workshop that is intelligent and not angry. Amazing, eye opening, and unbelievably refreshing."
is a two-hour experiential program that incorporates the rich metaphors of the
drum circle into a hands-on experience that challenges participants to examine
life in a profoundly new way. Unlike programs that leave participants feeling
uncomfortable, guilty, or blamed, our goal is to provide a powerful, enlivening,
non-threatening approach to diversity training.
D-Village was developed by Christine Stevens in collaboration with diversity expert, Dr. Mark Benn and has been a featured workshop and all-conference event at NCORE - The National Conference on Race and Ethnicity in Higher Education for three years.
D-Village applications include:
- Staff training
- Experiential Diversity Programs
- Keynote Presentations
- Student Leadership Programs
- Cultural Awareness Events
- Resident Advisor Training
are now confident that our student leaders will be a valuable resource to
Carleton's community thanks to the information, support, and unforgettable
experience you provided."
-Luke Lara, Asst. Director of Multicultural Affairs, Carleton College
-Sarah Schutt, Director of Staff Training, University of Wisconsin
- Curriculum - program overview
- Praise & Results - what our clients have to say and the outcomes you can expect
- Logistics - what we need for the program
- Case Example - Common Ground: D-Village with Palestinian and Israeli girls